The bedside lamp is a source of warm light near your bed. It’s a better way to turning off the lights comfortably next to your bed. At night having a lamp near your bedside is a way to feel relax and also offers you a slow transition from dark to light or light to dark.
Choosing the right size of bedside lamp is not much difficult as people think; make sure to select the lamp that is well suited according to your room as it should provide enough light.
- Good Size for your Bedside Lamp
A lamp with a large base is appropriate to keep your lamp focused directly on the bed. The size of the lamp should select according to the size of the room. If the room is short then choose a short-length lamp but if the room is larger then choose a large one. In simple terms, the length of the lamp should be one-third the width of the bedside table.
- Suitable Height of Bedside Lamp
A bedside lamp should large enough to cover the nightstand and bed. How Tall Should Bedside Lamps Be? The suitable size for a bedside lamp is 28″-30″ tall and 4″-7″ wide. But if your bed has a tall headboard then make sure to choose a tall lamp, it should fit properly in your room.
If the height of the bedside table is the same as the mattress then the suitable lamp height is 24-27″. At least choose a two to three-centimeter taller lamp than your bedside table. Because it’s not just a source of light but also uses to increase the beauty of your room.
How to Determine the Height?
- Measure the height of the table and the space between the table and back of your bed at where the lamp will be placed.
- To check the height of the lamp or determine the best lamp you can take an old lamp and place it where you want to add a new lamp. In this way, you can check whether the old lamp matches your table size or how many changes you need.
- If you wish to read books under your bedside lamp then choose a longer-length lamp to increase the height and get perfect light at your book. This will give you an idea of which length you prefer.
How Many Bedside Lamps you should be using?
If space allows, buying bedside lamps in pairs is fine as it brings a sense of balance to the room, even if it is not the opposite. The combination of the two lights creates a sense of comfort and pleasure. A lamp with a pleasing and simple design can give a stylish look to your small and single bedside table.
Different lamps built with different materials, unusual shapes, and interesting patterns attract others more than a simple one. By choosing a natural color light you can control both lights near your bed or door, by this, you don’t need to get out of the bed to turn on or off the light.
- Light or style
The table made of black wood material will compare with bronze lamp. You can check the combination of different lights with your bedside table or room and select the most appropriate one to make a perfect combination. To catch the eyes choose a multicolored table lamp with an unusual design or even a single color light with a simple design.